The Power of the Team – Part 2
No matter what your current stature is on your sales team, the bottom line remains the same:
- Elite performers have an innate desire to continuously improve. Even if you are already an elite performer, it doesn’t matter: work to get even better.
- If you believe you have already reached your peak, it doesn’t matter: work to get even better.
- If you are struggling and have doubts about your ability to succeed in a sales career, it doesn’t matter: work to get even better.
These briefings describe the traits sales professionals must embrace in their quest for excellence that will ensure their success in the revolutionized world of selling.
These traits are critical to meeting the career challenges that will surface with the adoption of advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence.
Here are three recommended actions for you to consider:
- First, identify who on your sales team you consider an elite performer. How can you learn from their work habits and approach? Spend some time with the elite performers at a coffee shop, in a tavern, or at dinner and ask what makes them successful… then absorb their take on what drivers led to their success.
- Second, how can you guide another sales team member to progress to a higher level? What have you learned that could be valuable to help that person improve? Take some time to mentor others on your team.
- Third, learn enough about emerging technologies so that you can effectively use them as they become available. Learn to leverage analytical tools that can help you be smarter about territory planning and prospective customer pursuit strategies. This skill set will be increasingly more prevalent as technologies such as Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence are rolled out to sales organizations.
I’m DJ Sebastian, for more info on what it takes to become an Elite Seller, visit my website at thetechseller.com .