Are you passionate about your career in sales?
Mia Hamm, Olympic champion on the U.S. women’s soccer team, said this:
“If you don’t love what you do, you won’t do
it with much conviction or passion.”
It is impossible to reach an elite level in sales without a passion to overcome challenging roadblocks, to excel, and to win. Passion is the drive that fuels the fire within your being. It gives you the energy to press on and hurdle the obstacles that stand in your way.
Here are just some of the things you can do to fuel the fire of your passion to succeed:
1) Understand everything you can about how your solution benefits your customer and how you can effectively articulate the business value your customer will receive. Look for key areas where your solution does it better than your competition and be ready and able to articulate them.
2) Study your competitors. How do they sell? How do they compete against you and others in the market? Study how you can differentiate yourself, your company, and your solution.
3) Show up prepared and outwork your competition. Hard work can overcome areas of inexperience and vulnerability.
4) Learn something new every day. Take one hour every day to learn something new about your craft. It’s easy to get great information from successful sales leaders. Follow a few sales coaches and motivational speakers on social media and actively consume their information.
5) Develop a winning mindset. Constantly emphasize to yourself that you, your company, and your solution are the best. If being the best is not central to your core beliefs, it will be very difficult to maintain the level of passion you need to sustain continued success.
I’m DJ Sebastian, for more info on what it takes to become an Elite Seller, visit my website at thetechseller.com