“When you don’t differentiate your solution, you could be selling for your competition”
That’s right. You might get your customer excited about a solution similar to yours, but because you didn’t differentiate, your customer could perceive that all solutions are equal and then select your competitor.
When your customer says “I can’t tell the difference… you all look the same…” they are likely to go with the lowest price, or the local provider, or the sales team they like best.
To avoid your customer’s “you all look the same” reasoning…
1) First, Show how your message is different from your competitors.
Are you all saying the same thing?
2) Then, look at What is unique about you, your company, and your solution.
Identify how you can effectively articulate your unique advantages.
3) Finally, back it up.. determine how you can prove those capabilities.
– It is your responsibility to make sure that your customer can tell the difference… Don’t assume they will just figure it out themselves…
Spell it out clearly… drive those points home throughout your communication.
Brainstorm ideas on the best ways to Highlight Your Competitive Differentiators.
– Why would your customer buy from you, instead of from your competitors?
– What is unique that makes you the best choice?
– What can you prove to be unique, different and better?
Get creative. Competitive advantages are a lot more than just product superiority.
– Your Sales Team could be a competitive advantage… based on your responsiveness, your industry expertise, and how you guide your customer after the sale.
– Or, Your organization’s commitment to continued investment could be very important – so your solution will remain relevant and won’t become obsolete.
– Finally, articulate a strong vision for the future – this demonstrates that your organization is forward thinking and positions you as a long-term business partner that stays on top of emerging trends.
I’m DJ Sebastian… To SELL MORE, you need to become a Great Communicator. Find out how at my website thetechseller.com